A resource for personal reflection or small group discussion.
What are your specific life stories that may have contributed to the barriers that keep you from giving and receiving extravagant love?
- See if any of these examples resonate with you:
- Fear: I fear that if I start giving, I might be sucked dry or manipulated out of everything I have.
- Pride: I fear that love won’t be reciprocated, or worse, my love might be rejected.
- Cynicism: I feel like in the face of overwhelming need, there is nothing I can do to that will make a difference.
- A sense of entitlement: I feel like I haven’t gotten all that I need to be thinking about giving to others.
- Do you think that these barriers need to be hurdled, Why? And What steps can you take to overcome them?